November 22, 2010

Cow, Crab and Hamster...

Just got back from the clinic for the check-up routine and the office seems so quiet and peaceful. I guess some of the staffs are still on leave for Hari Raya Korban. 5 days of short break (yes,short) still not enough, spent 3 days at parent in law's house and the balance at my parent's house. I did not able to celebrate it last year since the Eid fell exactly a day after i delivered my little angel and u can guess how gloomy my Eid was.

Oh yes speaking of Hari Raya Korban it was a special one since this time around me and hubby contributed and joined the Korban. After performing the eid prayer and listening to the khutbah about the history of qurban, we waited at the mosque to witness our cow to be slaughtered. Ours was the first, so i managed to witness the qurban event and tried not to get disturbed especially to pity the cow during the slaughtering process. When the cow was about to be sacrified, my mom in law grabbed my hand and asked me to touch the cow and niat “This is my Korban”. Oh well it was quite an experience since it was the first time I touched a cow and saw it up close and personal being sacrificed..hehe. Too bad I didnt bring a camera to capture the whole event.

Alhamdulillah, the Korban went well and hope it will be accepted as we try to get closer to Him. I guess sacrifice is beautiful as it is not only about giving and being unselfish, its about being grateful for what we have.

So I had a pretty relaxed Eid, eating, seeing hubby did the beef cutting, playing Saidina with in laws and yes, like other people our days were full with beefy affairs, ate n ate the beef until I couldn't handle it anymore. We bought 3 kilos of crabbies to my parent's house in order to neutralise the taste buds..

And now, I wonder what to do with the rest of the meat in the fridge..


Talking about sacrifice, I guess this baby also went sacrificing himself..

This is Summer, my sis hamster. He went missing from the cage few days ago and nowhere to be found despite the searching efforts done by the family members . Wherever u're Summer, I hope u rest in peace wink... pic from my sis blog.



8 footprint(s):

Ili said...

may the korban full with barakah..lembu yg kena korban mesti masuk syurga kan.hehe..siannya hamster tu, hope he'll find his way back home..

♥ Teacher Nonoi ♥ said...

Alamak.. sedihnya baca pasal hamster hilang.. teringat plak hamster saya pon pernah hilang gak... Alex...
Sampai sekarang dah tak jumpa dah.. ;((

Harap lah dia ditemui.....

~Serenity~ said...

ili- Insya-Allah..yups rasanye masuk syurga,,hehe...tula, dont think he will make it..dah brape hari dahni..

~Serenity~ said...

Rose- siannye Alex tu..yg hamster ni pun my sis dah nangis2 dah..kuaci pun dah tabur in case he will trace it..rasa2 dah arwah kot..huhu;p

Zarina Zaimi said...

salam kak serenity.. feel like sharing.. since u are expecting kan insyaAllah, u try google this web -

http://islamic-world.net/khalifah_series.php#series02

insyaAllah u can find readings related to Islamic parenting..

~Serenity~ said...

angel with hijab-ok, thanx for sharing dik...good info..nnti akak check ;)

Najwa Jamal said...

huuuuu. hamster aku =(

~Serenity~ said...

uuu...dimanakah tulangnya, matinya tidak berkubur..huhu...jgn lupa tutup cage winter tu, kang hilang lagi sekor..;p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...